Immigration Legal Services
Free walk-in legal consultations every Thursday beginning at 9:00am -5:00pm.
Consulatas legales gratuitas cada jueves de 9:00am - 5:00pm.
1415 Koll Circle, Suite 108
San José, CA 95112
We provide consultations for legal services in the following areas:
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) renewals
- Green Card Renewal
- Citizenship Certificate
- Family-based petitions
- Adjustment of Status
- FBI and FOIA requests AND MORE.
- Refugee and Asylum assistance
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Deportation Defense and Legal Advocacy
Most immigrants have no right to an appointed attorney in immigration detention and deportation proceedings, even though many have legal avenues to fight their case and given the increased detention under the new administration SIREN is prioritizing building up its Removal Defense work in both Northern and Central California.
When you come to SIREN:
- We represent clients in detained and non-detained removal defense, asylum applications, family-based visa petitions and adjustment of status.
- We explain your rights, as well as the requirements and process for applying.
- We screen you for eligibility.
- If you qualify and based on our capacity, we fill out, review, and submit your application for a nominal fee.
- We provide resources and answer your questions or concerns about immigration.
Immigration Legal Services Program (ILSP) provides immigration legal services to immigrants and refugees.
SIREN became DOJ accredited in 2010 and has been able to increase its capacity to provide immigration legal services. SIREN currently assists immigrants with:
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) renewals,
- Freedom of Information Act and FBI requests,
- Family-Based Petitions
- And other benefits based on capacity.
In addition to direct services, ILSP provides information and referrals through its multilingual hotline on general questions ranging from immigration and naturalization to health and civil rights. We are proud to be one of the leading Citizenship application assistance providers in California. SIREN Co-leads the Santa Clara County Citizenship Collaborative that sponsors the annual Citizenship Day, and a co-lead of the South Bay Immigration Legal Services Network (SBLISN) and the lead agency of the Silicon Valley New Americans Campaign Collaborative.
At SIREN we believe that our immigration legal services program is one of the first steps towards long-term systemic change when immigrants are provided with an opportunity to learn how to become full participants in society. The ILSP team works closely with the Policy Advocacy and Organizing teams to accomplish SIREN’s mission of educating, engaging, and empowering the immigrant community.
The Santa Clara County Citizenship Collaborative, members include: Asian Law Alliance; Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County; Center for Employment Training (CET); International Rescue Committee (IRC); Office of Immigrant Affairs (OIA) and Services, Immigrant Rights and Education Network (SIREN).
SIREN is a co-founder and co-lead of SBLISN (South Bay Legal Immigration Services Network) which includes: Asian Law Alliance, Catholic Charities of SCC, Center for Employment Training, International Rescue Committee, Step Forward Foundation, Pangea Legal Services and Community Legal Services of East Palo Alto.