SIREN believes that immigrants themselves are the primary agents of change. We support communities in tapping into their potential for leadership and to facilitate empowerment, community, education, and communication among all communities. We organize, mobilize and provide community education presentations to increase civic engagement and empowerment.
To promote leadership development and community organizing on health, public benefits and immigration issues, SIREN created immigrant-led community-based projects: Seven Trees Leadership Group & Multiethnic Immigrant Community Organizers.
- Seven Trees Leadership Group organizes families and individuals in the Seven Trees neighborhood of East San Jose to engage in immigrant integration advocacy at the local, state and national levels as well as develop their own base to make local changes to issues that impact themselves and family.
- Multiethnic Immigrant Community Organizers is an immigrant leadership development program that educates and organizes immigrants on state and federal issues. Leaders are responsible for organizing and engaging their ethnic community base.
To increase voter participation, SIREN has been a strategy council member of Mobilize the Immigrant Vote Campaign (MIV) since its inception. Mobilize the Immigrant Vote is a statewide campaign led by a collaborative of diverse organizations throughout California committed to supporting the full inclusion of immigrant communities in the political process. MIV is a non-partisan campaign and does not support or oppose any political candidates or parties.
Want to be a SIREN Leader? Join our Leadership Development program and make a difference in your community. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- To mobilize immigrants to participate in elections and engage in state and local ballot initiatives, SIREN is on the Strategy Council of Mobilize the Immigrant Vote.
- To advocate and organize around federal immigration reform, SIREN belongs to the California Table and is a lead organization within the Santa Clara County Coalition for Comprehensive Immigration Reform.
- To ensure the successful implementation of legislation granting driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants, SIREN is a key partner in the Drive California coalition.