SIREN believes that immigrants and refugees themselves are the primary agents of change. We support communities in tapping into their potential for leadership and to facilitate empowerment, community, education, and communication among all communities. We organize, mobilize and provide community education presentations to increase civic engagement and empowerment.
To promote leadership development and community organizing on health, public benefits and immigration issues, SIREN created immigrant-led community-based projects: Organizing hubs in San Jose, Mountain View and Fresno, and youth and multiracial immigrant community organizers.
- Organizing Hubs organizes families and individuals to engage in immigrant integration advocacy at the local, state and national levels as well as develop their own base to make local changes to issues that impact themselves and family.
- Multiethnic Immigrant and Youth Community Organizers is an immigrant leadership development program that educates and organizes immigrants and youth on state and federal issues. Leaders are responsible for organizing and engaging their ethnic community base.
- Increase civic participation among immigrants and youth through voter registration
- Educate immigrant and youth voters through community engagement and voter contact
- Shift the political landscape in Northern California and the Central Valley by mobilizing immigrant and youth vote in elections
- Incrementar la participacion civil entre immigrantes y la joventud atravez de registro de votantes
- Educar los votantes immigrantes y jovenes entre el compromiso de la comunidad y contacto de los votantes
- Cambiar el paisaje politico en Norte California y el Valle Central movilizando el voto de los inmigrantes y los jóvenes en las elecciones
Want to be a SIREN Community Organizing Leader? Join our Leadership Development program and make a difference in your community. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- To mobilize immigrants to participate in elections and engage in state and local ballot initiatives, SIREN is on the Strategy Council of Mobilize the Immigrant Vote.
- To advocate and organize around federal immigration reform, SIREN belongs to the California Table and is a lead organization within the Santa Clara County Coalition for Comprehensive Immigration Reform.
- To ensure the successful implementation of legislation granting driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants, SIREN is a key partner in the Drive California coalition.